10 Link Building Tips – How to Get Authority Backlinks!
My 10 Link Building Tips Plus Secret Code Revealed!
On the subject of SEO, link building to gain authority backlinks is a crucial element that cannot be overlooked in the SEO war for search engine results page placement. You can have great content, but this in only a fraction of the battle.
Quality backlinks are a great method to help you establish your blog as an authority site, which will help increase your Google pagerank. Each link is like a vote for your site In a nutshell, if the inbound links have related content to your site, it is more relevant. Just the opposite for sites that are linked to yours with non-relevant content… the higher relevance of the inbound link, the greater their quality.
You need to realize that whether you have a blog or a standard website, these link building techniques can be applied to gain high quality inbound links headed for your site.
Let’s dive right in!
Here are 10 Quality Backlink Tips to Apply to Your SEO Campaign!
1. Let’s start with Guest Post Blogging – This is probably one of the most overlooked methods for creating one way, quality backlinks to your site.
For those not familiar… guest post blogging is where you write content for another blogger and in return you will gain exposure from the Author Bio area to where you can place information about yourself to include, usually up to 2 inbound links coming to your site. Of course you can write just about anything you want using anchor text as your backlink.
2. Another Link building strategy is Blog Commenting – This is widely underestimated as a backlinking strategy… it may not be as effective as other link building techniques, but this method can gain you some quality inbound links to your site.
Achieving inbound links through blog participation works pretty well to achieve rankings in the Yahoo, Bing and other search engines, but the link building strategy is not as effective for Google. This is due to most blogs having the default, nofollow attribute attached to the links in blog comments.
For Blogs that Offer DoFollow Commenting which is great for Google, here is a good place to start… this site has taken the time to document and categorize ‘DoFollow’ sites: http://followlist.com/
Below is an awesome SECRET Code that NOT too many people know about, and you can implement into Google.com or Yahoo.com to narrow your blog search for commenting down with ease.
site:.com inurl:blog “post a comment” -”comments closed” -”you must be logged in” “Add Keywords”
This code is designed to locate blogs that allow for commenting. To learn how to use this code, please visit my article: High PageRank Inbound Links… Secret Revealed!
One way to help your backlinking efforts is to apply your inbound link as Anchor Text… Example: I might put John Engle | The Blog Optimizer. Or, if it is going to an article maybe: John Engle | Keyword Research Done Right! To learn how to apply anchor text, follow the link above!
3. Social Media Networks – Social media network sites are another effective way to receive precious incoming links. With the Google Panda Update to its indexing Algorithm, social media networking is involved in the ranking wars and is part of the algorithm that judges and indexes your website and blog pages.
With the help of the new ranking algorithms, did you know that any particular article could create enough buzz from the top social media networking sites that it can make an impact on your rankings and slingshot your article post to the first page of the search engine results pages?
Don’t set your focus on the link building idea… you will need to focus on social media interaction with and around your site. Make sure your blog has social media buttons so that readers can easily share and spread the word about your content with their social media networks.
4. Article Directory Submissions – Article Directory Submission Sites are a great way to receive even MORE traffic to your site, above and beyond the search engines, and they ALSO create precious backlinks.
For a list of High PageRank article submission sites, visit my article: 7 Dofollow High PR Article Directory Submission sites.
BONUS Authority Backlink Building Tips: I wrote an article that will give you MY proven techniques for getting the most traffic and inbound links from Article Directory Submission Sites.
Follow the link ‘SEO Tips and Tricks’ which will lead to my article ‘Get DoFollow Links from NoFollow Article Directory Sites!’… once you land on the page, scroll down to the headline that says “What YOU Need to DO to Gain these DoFollow Inbound Links!”; this is where you’ll find the SEO tips and tricks that many people don’t know about, to gain the extra traffic and precious, authority building backlinks.
5. Directory Submissions – Not to mistaken for Article Directory submission… this is an effective way to receive powerful traffic and backlinks. Directories submission sites offer a way of collecting, categorizing links and offering validation to web sites. They are not search engines and behave nothing like search engines.
6. Submitting Press Releases – an oldie, but goodie! Press releases are the mainstays of any marketing program.
What’s so powerful about a press release? It’s just the facts, including benefits, and it’s sent out to publications and organizations that might publish all or part of the press release. Use press releases to send out new items of all types, and send them as widely as you can. News organizations, publications, newsletters, and even some forums, will post press releases. When you write the release, be sure to include a link back to your site.
Aside from letting the world know about what’s going on at your company, press releases also help your company’s website build and maintain high search engine rankings. In the past, press releases were only for journalists who may be interested in your company or industry.
Press releases need to written and formatted with the search engines in mind as well. Follow the link for more information!
Here is a list of 50 Press Release Sites!
7. Forum Participation – Participating in online communities like forums is also an effective strategy for building links and generating traffic. Forums are internet message boards that allow you to start new discussions or participate in ongoing discussions about a variety of topics. Most forums allow you to participate by simply signing up for a free account with your e-mail address and very little personal information.
Forums tend to be moderated, but unlike blogs, your forum posts are often posted for public viewing without having to go through a review process. Adding value to the community increases the likelihood that your link and comment stay posted and that your site will be visited by other forum participants. As mentioned before, participate in forums that are closely related to the theme of your web site, and try and find forums with a PageRank higher than 4, have high traffic, and possess a large number of relevant incoming links.
Don’t waste your time submitting posts to forums that are unrelated to the content of your site. Acquiring links through forum participation works well to increase your rankings in all the major search engines as well as your overall site traffic from the forums themselves.
You can find these forums by using the search box in Google, Yahoo, etc., by searching for a keyword or keyword phrase related to your site and adding the word “forums” at the end of your keywords.
GOOD NEWS: You can also use the same code from above that you used for blogs, just change the word “blog” to “forum”, next to the ‘inurl:’.
8. Video Marketing – I recently learned that videos are up to 50 times more likely to land on the first page of Google compared to standard text based websites. We all learn something new every day, and today was my day!
Unfortunately for those of us that do not do videos, I guess it’s time to fish or cut bait and get with the program.
Taking the time to create your video masterpiece is a great way to dominate search engines… of course don’t go to any great lengths to create a Hollywood style, studio masterpiece, it is stated that people relate to those that are themselves through video. Create a video, distribute to various video sites like YouTube and spread the word about your video through other means mentioned in this article.
Since I am not a video guru, as I understand it, when placing a video on sites like YouTube, you don’t automatically receive an inbound link. Apparently you need to use the proper section to place your link to the page that your video is placed. I put my link in the vide description section to ensure an authority, inbound link coming to my site.
Closing Comments About Link Building and Backlinks!
You were expecting 10 high quality, authority link building tips, weren’t you?
No problem, the last 2… HERE YA GO!
9. Write a Testimonial for a friend – write a testimonial for a friend and ask them to post it on their site. Whether it’s a client, friend or supplier, it doesn’t hurt to ask.
10. Partnerships Link Exchange – one of the oldest tricks in the book is link exchange… ask Facebook friends, Twitter acquaintances or business partners to post a link to their favorite article, but just be sure to offer the same in return.
A link building campaign is a lengthy process! It is important to remember that quantity is not nearly as important as quality while you build your link structure. 1 high quality back link has a greater ranking effect on your site than 100 non-relevant, low quality backlinks.
Your linking building strategy will be far more successful if you create links (both inbound and outbound) that are of high quality. When you link to other sites from yours, make sure that their site is more popular than your own.
The same goes for inbound links… try to make sure that the links pointing to your site from another’s site is more popular than your own. Link building will be an ongoing process that you’ll work at for the lifetime of your web site.
Here’s another related article that you might like ‘Top 10 Most Common SEO Mistakes with Solutions!’
Take a Minute to ‘LIKE’ our Facebook Business Page to Your Right, then Head on Over and Join Our Facebook Group ‘Search Engine Optimization Tips for the Online Marketer!’… Follow the Link to Join OUR Group, then Come RIGHT Back and ADD Value with Leaving a Comment!
If YOU Have the Time to Learn SEO on Your OWN, Fill OUT the Form Below!
Incoming search terms:
- web designing company link exchange link partner and reciprocal link exchange in india
- quality link building techniques
- top 10 link building techniques
- seo tips write for us site au
- quality link building tips
- various way to categorize authority sites
About the Author (Author Profile)
John Engle, known as ‘The Blog Optimizer’, is a Search Engine Optimization Blogging Specialist Taking SEO by Storm! He Specializes in Keyword Research and On Page Optimization. If You are a Busy Entrepreneur that Would Rather Concentrate on What You Do Best, Leave the Keyword Research and Optimization to an SEO Specialist, Hire John as Your SEO Blog Post, On Page Optimizing Specialist.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Five Google Ranking Tips | Brandy & The Gang | June 16, 2012
- 10 Link Building Tips – How to Get Authority Backlinks! | May 24, 2012