How I Got My Alexa Ranking Below 100K in 3 months!
My Method to Improve Alexa Ranking
On January 8th, 2012 SEOBlogOptimizer.com was launched as a re-brand. On that first day, I documented my Alexa Ranking at a number of 21,796,443… as of today, April 11th, 2012 I am sitting on a Traffic Ranking of 93,692 with lower numbers in the future.
I’m going to be honest with you… until a couple of years ago, I did not pay much attention to the Alexa Ranking, and to this day, I don’t have enough background knowledge to sound intelligent on the subject.
I know there are many other ways to improve your Alexa Ranking, so once I take Alexa Ranking-101, I will be able to share more details which will be covered in a future article.
Today’s article is about the routine that I have followed which if feel is responsible for getting me down below the 100k Alexa Traffic Ranking mark.
Increase Your Alexa Ranking with a Routine!
Considering that the Alexa Ranking is based on traffic to your site, I often wonder how much of what I am about to tell you actually contributes to the improvement of my Alexa Ranking. The fact is, it is in my best interest to not change my routine because whatever I am doing is working.
If I were to draw an outline of my routine it would be similar to the article I wrote ‘My 7 Optimizing Steps to Gain Gobbs of FREE Traffic!’
Here is my routine…
1. My first step is to research for a relevant topic that I feel people would enjoy reading about or that can help solve an issue they are having along the lines of search engine optimization for their blog.
I will usually start this process the week before my Wednesday deadline, but have many times waited until the last minute which makes for a stressful publishing.
I treat my upcoming article as if I work for the New York Times which will have a deadline that needs to be met; that millions of people are counting on me to produce results.
I Feel that Consistency is KEY! I am starting to believe that the search engines are seeing the importance of my routine which makes me feel that consistency is extremely important!
The search engines spot the routine which tells them that this site owner takes their information seriously, more than the next guy that just throws up content any time he chooses.
2. Once I figure out what topic I will be writing about, I do my keyword research to see what types of keyword phrases people are searching for on the subject. Providing the proper keyword phrases within my content will increase my chances of targeting those Internet searchers queries, and will hopefully land me in the search engine results pages for searchers to find.
If I’ve done my on page optimizing correct and a person lands on my page, the search engine scripting will do its work to determine, by the pattern of the searcher, whether my information is worth reading.
Example: Google is counting on the human reader element to determine if your content is worthy or not. This is called user experience. With the Panda update, Google is trying to measure the user experience in terms of “Average Time on Site”, “Bounce Rate” and a number of other factors.
3. After my article has been published, I then submit my article to the 7 article directory sites that I have listed, plus ArticleBase.com.
All the above, after the topic has been decided, is the same process that I do for my clients with the ‘Platinum Package’ shown on the Blog Post Optimization Services page, with the exception that I do 4 Blog Post Article Submissions (once a week as mentioned) as opposed to 9 per month that the Platinum package offers.
I also announce my article by submitting to social media networking sites to include groups on Facebook and Linkedin… I also create a Tweet and submit the article to Google+.
With the Google Panda Update, the Super Power Search Engine is looking for Social Approval as one basis to the importance of your site… of course this is just one of 100′s of factors in the algorithm.
4. Last, but not least… I interact with the people that leave comments about my articles. My blog isn’t as popular as many out there, but I am in the infancy stages of this site, and doing pretty well I must say.
Closing Comments About Improving Your Alexa Ranking!
I must be doing something right, because I only post once a week, on the same day and the search engines and all those fancy factors that make up this Alexa Traffic Ranking are apparently seeing it.
There are many people that I have seen post 2 to 6 times a week and their Alexa Ranking to this day, still has not dipped below the 100,000 mark… many of these sites I am referring to are ranging from 500,000 + all the way up to 3 million + for their Alexa Traffic Ranking, and most of these sites are a few years old which is another plus with the search engines… what gives?
I know of a lot of people that follow a similar routine to mine above, so my only thoughts are that the differences could be the On Page Optimizing which happens to be what this blog is all about, and my specialty. There is an art to optimizing and it has taken me many years to get to the point to where I am now.
With the ever changing algorithm, I am always in the learning stages and the only difference between me and the other guy that doesn’t have the SEO background may be that I notice Many areas that can be tweaked to make a BIG difference to the search engines.
Methods that I highly recommend to build authority backlinks is in the article I wrote ’10 Link Building Tips – How to Get Authority Backlinks!’
For those of you Alexa Traffic Ranking experts out there, what is your opinion for my under 100k success in 3 months… what am I doing right? I would love to hear your opinion, because as I have stated, I don’t have a strong background with Alexa.
If You Find SEOBlogOptimizer.com Blog Helpful, Please Follow the Alexa Banner Image Below and Write a Quick Review, Thank You!
Take a Minute to ‘LIKE’ our Facebook Business Page to Your Right, then Head on Over and Join Our Facebook Group ‘Search Engine Optimization Tips for the Online Marketer!’… Follow the Link to Join OUR Group, then Come RIGHT Back and ADD Value with Leaving a Comment!
If YOU Have the Time to Learn SEO on Your OWN, Fill OUT the Form Below!
Incoming search terms:
- how much traffic we need for 100k alexa rank
- how to lower my alexa rank
- alexa traffic ranking
- 100k sites alexa rank below earnings
- How optimize alexa rank just one day
- how to decrease my alexa rank
- how to get ranking in one month
About the Author (Author Profile)
John Engle, known as ‘The Blog Optimizer’, is a Search Engine Optimization Blogging Specialist Taking SEO by Storm! He Specializes in Keyword Research and On Page Optimization. If You are a Busy Entrepreneur that Would Rather Concentrate on What You Do Best, Leave the Keyword Research and Optimization to an SEO Specialist, Hire John as Your SEO Blog Post, On Page Optimizing Specialist.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Off Page Optimization – a Critical Step for SEO Ranking! | articleshub11.in | April 20, 2012
- Off Page Optimization – a Critical Step for SEO Ranking! | | April 19, 2012
- Off Page Optimization – a Critical Step for SEO Ranking! | Online Marketing | April 19, 2012
- Off Page Optimization – a Critical Step for SEO Ranking! | eeojartical.com | April 19, 2012
- Off Page Optimization – a Critical Step for SEO Ranking! | owndailyarticles.org | April 19, 2012
- SEO Tips For Offpage Optimization | Watch Videos Online,Free Video Clips,Documentaries | April 19, 2012
- Offpage Optimization A difficult Task | Write About Yourself, Publish Your Articles Free | April 19, 2012
- THE POTENT PASSWORDS RETRIEVAL UTILITY WHAT CAN RECOVER MICROSOFT WINDOWS LOST PASSWORD BY BURN A BOOTABLE COMPACT DISK OR USB | Alexa Resources | April 19, 2012
- OFF PAGE OPTIMIZATION – A CRITICAL STEP FOR SEO RANKING! | Alexa Resources | April 18, 2012